Friday, April 24, 2009

routine or routing

just when it seems like a routine to life is beginning to begin...
the power cord to the laptop snaps...
the rain comes...
the cement mixers and anvil droppers stop work upstairs...
your english class gets postponed...
or was that your tibetan class?....
you eat at a restaurant that maybe you should have skipped....
the camera wont download onto a single computer in the greater dharamsala area...
the internet shop decides to open when it should be shut...
and shuts when you thought it would be open....
you actually wake up in time to go for morning kora (5:30 am)...
the neighbors begin harvesting the wheat in the evening light...
the wedding band down the road moves on and you find you miss that gypsy sound...
but the neighbors keep playin' those rasta beats...
is this really india?
Yesterday I heard a girl talking about going back to india...she may have a point.
Mc Leod Ganj is nothing like where I was two weeks ago.
So I'm adjusting to just being here, getting into the groove...
but as I mentioned it keeps skipping a beat.
Maybe it's the illusion of having an actual room where I attempt to cook and not a hotel room.
Whatever it is I think I'll kick back and enjoy the ride.

4 comments:

  1. yeah, baybee! surf that reality with a big ole grin. schedules around there sound like tahiti in the 70s. it's all good.
    aloha,
    patters

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi shelij how r u these day r u enjoyed in dusalini see u soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. yo sheyli! my friend iris said she just ran into you! i'm proabbly on my way to the continent, any tips?

    -adam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh god at last I found some information.please get in touch.Paul

    ReplyDelete