Ah you say what is the difference...hmmm. Actually I couldn't tell you. Arrived about 4:30 and my car driver fortunately has a guest house...what a surprise. Slept all morning and decided it was time to go out and look for Mr. Gyariktar, so headed down to the Tibetan Library to see if anybody had heard of him...stopped for breakfast at the most groovy BoomBoom guest house and cafe; inclined to move there if it's convenient to my purposes here. Great Views! of the snow covered mountains. Maybe most beautiful breakfast ever! 2 lightly fired eggs in the shape of a heart surrounded by mushrooms, tomato, etc...and real coffee, though it wasn't pete's but deffinetely better than nestcafe.
Down at the Library I noticed an office of education as I went up the stairs and thought that was probably where I should be going...Yep. Library is closed today for a big cleaning...In asking various people nobody has heard of MEEC or Mr. Gyariktar. So I sat and waited at the education center for the lunch break to be over @ 2p.m. Finally someone came in who could decipher my terrible american accent. And explained to me how interesting Mr. Gyariktar's name is...it means china and escape...in some order or other. So now I had avague destination (somewhere near the Himalayan restaurant and a phone number...not in service at this time).
You can ask Claire how I finally found the office...but it entailed lots of hand gestures and complete daring to go up a flight of stairs back down to the street on another set...keep going down then up another set and down a dark hallway...and....Success...MEEC is actually on the door! and sitting at his desk is Mr. Gyariktar. Unfortunately my tibetan and his english didn't get us very far...sooo...going back tomorrow morning when his friend will be there to translate...it seems though that they've already designed a 42 page website...not sure exactly what it is they'll need from me but happy to help. Happy too, to see Rinpoche and Chunpeys photo on the shelf smiling out at me.
No comments:
Post a Comment