ok some frustration with how to lay out and edit the blog...but you get the picture...I think.
Last night I missed, due to a massive amount of tibetan grammar homework, what sounded like the concert of the season...Listening from across the valley to sounds that brought back memories of home....and younger years...Tibetans definitely understand the power of Rock N Roll.
But the good side was I didn't have that sleepy feeling this morning and was up early and trapsed down the mountain to visit the Nechung temple and the Men zhe Kang museum (medical).
Home by 1ish to enjoy the coolness off my room after the heat outside and a great lunch from my one pot cooking system of Zuke, tomatoes, garlic, celery and cilantro and soy balls.
Then to the office to show of how I got all my homework done only to find out "NO CLASS TODAY, SORRY" well it's understandable the kids go back to boarding school tomorrow. But I probably could have gone to the concert in that case. Ahh communication...when one doesn't speak Tibetan yet and the other doesn't really speak english.
I am however having a great time teaching. So far I'm only doing one on one classes and that is very gratifying. The progress is so evident and I can see with certain people I have a real talent for conveying the meanings of words and even grammar. So perhaps this will give me confidence for what I hope will be a summer spent in or near Ladakh teaching english at some monastery or nunnery. Where no doubt I will be working with larger groups.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment