and from Bhutan:
a collection of guests sitting in a cave. What is it?
Today is too hot and truly I wish someone would start praying so the rains will come. Across the street one tibetan guy is wearing a fur hat, long sleeves with a sweater over his shoulders and shorts his friends are listening to an ipod and playing chess. Several older tibetan ladies scattered around at other tables in traditional chuba's appear to be asleep except that their fingers are moving at a constant rate across thier malas.
As I've mentioned lately the state of my dwelling is reminding me of the marina I left behind. In fact today they chose to enamal the door and window frames making the cool refuge a reeking pit. Every other day they say, "today is the last of the work" and I keep saying, "I've heard that before". Sincerely I don't resent them for it and it's still and inconvenience.
I may be spending the night at the office where normally I have an internet connection but of course as these things are that's on the fritz today.
Ladakh is looking more and more inviting in spite of the bus ride that will come with it and the fact that the work Gyarikthar and I were beginning will have to wait till another time and all of you waiting for the Amdo CD will have to wait too.
Pema and I have taken refuge for the afternoon here in the Internet shop our bare feet cool on the tile floor and the oscillating fan blowing cool our sweat. I've set her up with a skype account and she's talking to her family in Amdo who are about to head up the mountain with the yaks for 3 months and where I now have a standing invitation which of course sounds awesome.
In the meantime enjoy your summer and i hope you all retain your jobs if you want them.
oh and the answer to the Bhutanese riddle is: teeth.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment