First day at the maha stupa as I was leaving I met Supron, of thai massage in Mill Valley fame, and was invited to stay at the Thai wat just behind the main temple. Literally a 4 min. walk to the tree from my room and I can see the stupa from our front door! It's also wonderful to be practicing with the thai monks.
Yesterday morning we walked over about 5 am and met up with the bhutanese monks that are doing puja everday during losar which ends tomorrow. So we've been coming to help fill the 3.960 water bowls. This morning we started at 4:30 as we will the rest of the week. They were really surprised to hear me speak to them....Kuzu tsampo la....etc.
I'm very happy practicing here for now and so will continue till it feels right to leave for Dharamsala. Will try posting photos later....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment