Monday, August 3, 2009

Jammin in Jammu

I don't think I've been this completely wet with out jumping in the river for a long long time...The good thing is it rained early this morning and the pollution level that made Jammu look uninviting is now reduced though I suspect that by afternoon it will be back. One night here while I wait for Ani Palzes la to catch up from Delhi then we will take a car to Mulbeck in Ladakh to her house. I hope to stop at one of the monasteries I've been reading about as it's on the way...currently reading The Yogins of Ladakh..a social anthropologists look at the meditation practices of that region, a really good read integrating his outer travels as well as his inner one. Yesterday Chakki Bank one of the moments where I could have missed the train...after asking about 10 people if the train to Jammu was the one "over there" (arm waving) or would it arrive on this track (finger pointing) and the invariable shaking of the head that doesn't seem to indicate much other than possible "I don't know", I finally decided it was the train over there...jumped across the tracks and got deffinitive yesses from passengers.

No comments:

Post a Comment