Sitting on/in an old school desk in the one room class for the tibetan refugee children down the narrow passage from the apartment... it's the kind where the desk is attached to the seat... and my knees barely fit under it...trying to find the place where we are in the Tara prayer book I've brought along. Just going at my own pace since it's the prayer that matters...We've all come together at Apa-la's (Tsewangs dad) request since Ashang-la has started a week long fast/dark/no sleep retreat. Ashang is Tsewangs uncle who is an oracle. I attended one of his chanting sessions in MCG. I was warned that some people become very afraid...I, of course, was right where I wanted to be.
So I'm happy to be sitting here knowing that there is the slightest possibility that I could be supporting him and all beings...Ahhh, here we are beginning the round. At least I know where we are in the book now...but it's the most I can do to keep up by just following my finger on the page and reading much less any sounds coming out of my mouth. And before I know it, it's Guru Rinpoche prayers and Om Mani Padme Hung...and everybody is leaving the schoolroom and I'm still sitting here doing one round of Tara in english.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment