
morning ani practicing

Harvesting the wheat before the rains

In the neighborhood

fire puja offerings







pilgrims on the way to the river and at the swimming hole
Last week was Kalachakra puja at the temple so I felt lucky to be here and participate in that. Also a bit interested to see what I remember from 5 yrs ago in Toronto. May all beings forgive me for what I've forgotten. Especially you know that one main deity...Anyway it was lovely and a number of us squeezed into the temple to observe and practice. This was a little weird as we were right below the main deity on the stage above the sangha...but I finally figured out how I could face both...
During this time I met a nun from the Houston sangha who is a friend of Christine and at the end we made a pilgramage to the river trying to follow the sand but the best we can hope for is that we got to swim in it as we never found the location the monks tried to describe to us.
The weather has been trying to turn hot even up here in the mountains but every few days I hear the horns of some puja happening somewhere and before long there is a deluge. I'm telling you it really works...Even during Kalachakra on the last days we were stranded at the temple for a couple extra hours due to heavy rains but the day we took the sand to the river it was perfectly clear and beautiful as you've seen.
loving your entries sheyli. hope all's well.
ReplyDelete